Select a year to read testimonials
- Great service and was happy to help people in need! I’m very happy that the furniture gets a second life now.
- Email communication is very quick and effective. The movers were great as well. Overall the furniture donation was an easy and smooth process!
- The movers arrived exactly on time, were very pleasant and thoughtful and handled all items with utmost care. They were excellent!
- I was clearing out an estate and I am happy that the furniture did not go to waste, but instead helped out some families in need. I am so appreciative of this service. I think you all do such incredible work. I would totally recommend JRCC to any of my friends looking to get rid of their old furniture!
- I am very happy with your services! I have donated to you in the past and this second experience with you reinforces the likelihood that I will donate to you again in the future
- I had a lovely experiencing donating my furniture to you and I have already recommended that all my friends use your services as well
- So satisfied with your services! Overall, the entire process was quick, easy, and pleasant
- Very grateful and will continue donating to us. JRCC FD helped them in the past so now they are paying it forward
- The movers were great, on time and very quick. Overall we are very satisfied with the JRCC FD
- Very easy seamless experience. I will definitely be using the JRCC Furniture Depot in the future and I will recommend you to anyone looking to make a furniture donation
- Really easy process. You had a flexible schedule and were very accommodating. I have told all of my friends about the JRCC Furniture Depot
- I would like to thank the two gentlemen who came and pick up all the furniture that was donated. They were extremely polite and respected our home during the rain, They did an excellent job of taking all the donated items out to their truck. They also called in advance to let me know that they were on their way. Thank you for your assistance.
- I love that I get to give back to my community through such a fantastic initiative! I am very pleased with the whole process and I already recommended to a friend!
- I am happy my sofa will be of use to someone. Saying goodbye to furniture you share so many memories with is hard, but I know that by donating to the Furniture Depot someone else may form new memories with it! Thank you for making this whole experience so smooth.
- From start to finish, the whole experience was fantastic! I am so happy the JRCC Furniture Depot was recommended to me. Donating locally is something I was looking for and receiving the tax receipt is just a great bonus!
- If you ask me, the movers were the best part of this whole operation! Not only are they timely and professional, they are also friendly! When the delivery guy came, he was more than happy to help us with anything we may need and joked around with my husband and I He did everything to ensure that this experience is as pleasant as it could possibly be.
- Simply put, amazing! Receptionist: excellent. Response time: wonderful. Mover: great! I already told all my friends! If you are looking for a place to donate your furniture, look no further! Not only will you be getting rid of your furniture and giving back to the community, you will also not get a headache.
- I am a returning donor because the JRCC Furniture Depot deserves my furniture a second time! From their flawless way of coordinating pick up, to their pleasant costumer service, I give them a 10/10. Keep it up!
- The movers are excellent! They did not touch any walls and the pick-up service was fast and professional. I was moving and needed to get rid of some furniture, so why not donate and give back to the community?
- The Furniture Depot was recommended by a friend. At first, I was hesitant but upon conducting bit of market research I saw that the Furniture Depot is very reasonable. I am happy I was able to help the community.
- I love what the JRCC Furniture Depot does and I love the staff! The reception is friendly, and the movers are so kind and prompt. I already recommended the JRCC Furniture Depot to all my friend!
- I am a returning donor. The service is good, and the movers are very considerate. The JRCC Furniture Depot is unbelievable and phenomenal. If I could rate the JRCC Furniture Depot I would rate them a 5/4. Fast, easy, timely, and quick.
- I chose to donate to the JRCC Furniture Depot because I wanted to give back to the community and I knew that I could rely on the JRCC Furniture Depot to do just that. I was impressed by how quick and smooth the whole process was. Good job!
- There are so many places in the GTA looking for donations and I wanted to make sure I am donating to the very best. I found the JRCC Furniture Depot online along with other charities. I have to say; the Furniture Depot was the only one that called back and so promptly too! I am happy with the decision I made.
- I just bought new furniture and needed my old furniture gone. I googled “who recycles used furniture” and you guys came up. I was skeptical about donating my furniture as opposed to selling it as I wanted to get something in return for my furniture. I was thrilled to know that the Furniture Depot does give back to their donors. Thanks guys!
- Donating to the Furniture Depot was an easy decision for me. I did not want to just get rid of my furniture, it was still in good condition. The Furniture Depot allows my furniture to have a second life and go somewhere it would be used again.
- I was referred to the Furniture Depot by a friend, and they did not disappoint. The scheduling process was quick, and the pick-up service was smooth. After reaching out to the JRCC Furniture Depot and scheduling a pick up date I ran into a problem. The Furniture Depot team was beyond accommodating and the delivery guys are so nice.
- Thank you for having this service and running it so well. This is clearly an important resource to allow quality furniture to get to be given to those in need, even if a bit used. Your arrangements for our pickup were smooth, the movers were well presented, and the whole process was smooth.
- We were replacing a loveseat in our living room that no longer went with other pieces. In fact, we ordered online two accent chairs to fill the space, they arrived each with a flaw, and the supplying company instructed us of to give them away. Their replacements arrived the morning of the JRCC afternoon pickup, and they, too, had the same flaw. So JRCC got 4 new, unused chairs, with a localized fabric defect, in addition to the intended loveseat.
- We were acquainted with JRCC from two years ago when we brought some of our sponsored Syrian refugees to choose some furniture. We will recommend JRCC to others. Keep up the good work.
- I recently wanted to donate furniture after my father-in-law’s passing. i was referred to the JRCC Furniture depot by the real estate agent of the condo he was renting. I called the furniture depot and was given clear instructions on how to do this online. I was able to quickly book a date and received a call the day before. The movers were very professional and did the work quickly and well, without damaging the furniture or the apartment. I was very impressed by their professionalism. Finally, I am happy that the furniture can be used to help those in need. Thank you JRCC Furniture Depot! You are contributing greatly to our community.
- We wish to extend a special thanks to JRCC Furniture Depot for the magnificent job they did in taking our furniture donation. We made a very large donation of furniture on two floors. From first contact with JRCC to the very end of the move JRCC , its staff and volunteers received our pledge with grace, efficiency, and professionalism. Moving can be a daunting and all too often, unpleasant experience. We know – we’ve had more than our share of rude and careless movers. Not so here. The two amiable men who lifted, packed, and moved many heavy pieces were conscientious, courteous, and professional beyond anything we’ve ever experienced before. In particular, they were extremely careful to not scratch, chip or dirty the surrounding walls and stairs. Frankly, I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were. The thought behind a donation is mitzvah. For us, our JRCC experience has made this commandant that much more meaningful.
- I was happy to be able to donate my much loved furniture, which did not fit into my new space, to the JRCC Furniture Depot. This way someone else will be able to get enjoyment and use of the pieces. The entire experience was positive from my initial conversation with the donor admin to the two kind and professional men who came to make the pick up. I will be recommending JRCC Furniture Depot.
- My father passed away recently and I contacted JRCC to remove some furniture. My contact at JRCC was very pleasant and efficient. Arrangements were made with their movers and two young men arrived promptly. We had quite a few pieces to be removed from three different floors. The young men were very accommodating and completed the job to my utmost satisfaction. I would definitely recommend using JRCC to anyone needing furniture removed. Thank you for everything. Using JRCC made the whole situation easy.
- Thank you so much Furniture Depot for making this donation experience so easy!! It is our pleasure to donate our furniture to families in need. We hope to donate more furniture to your Depot in the future. Thanks again for all your help !
- Thank you so much for your great customer service, help and patience during the move! And thank you so much to the JRCC movers – they were friendly, polite, efficient and clean. We would definitely consider JRCC for future moves!
- When we found that we had a large amount of furniture in our home that we were no longer using, we decided that we wanted to donate it. We identified JRCC as a great place for the furniture to go, who would find it a new home and people who really could use it. Still, it was a lot of furniture to transport.
- JRCC made it very easy. Your movers arrived exactly on time. They were professional, polite, and extremely efficient. They were great ambassadors for you. We are very pleased that you could help us help others.
2018 and earlier
- The people at the JRCC were responsive, and everything went smoothly. They were even able to schedule us for an earlier pickup. We received a call to confirm before the pickup. The people who came were fast and efficient.
- Great service. Prompt pick up of furniture. Reliable and friendly too. Thanks
- Recently I had dealings with JRCC Furniture Depot to pick-up furniture from a senior’s residence. The JRCC crew arrived exactly on schedule and in spite of the fact that there was an unexpected fire alarm which put a hold on the move, the crew waited patiently until the fire department provided the all clear. They crew were extremely careful at moving the furniture from the apartment, down the long hallways and in/out of the elevator to the complete satisfaction of the building manager. I also promptly received a tax receipt for the donation. It was a pleasure dealing with the JRCC Furniture Depot.
- The service was great from the first phone call, follow-up call to confirm pickup date and time. The men who came to pick up the furniture were courteous and professional. I was very pleased and I would be happy to use them again in the future.
- My experience with your furniture bank is that you are very professional and helpful and I appreciate everything you did.
- I had an excellent experience with the JRCC from beginning to end. The people who I spoke to at the JRCC were very helpful in laying out the different options, and I chose to have a pickup of the furniture (at a very reasonable cost) and the delivery people were on time fast and good guys. It was the first time I had dealt with the JRCC and I have since recommended their service to others and would definitely like to use them and support their wonderful organization going forward.
- The service provided was efficient, professional and made the entire experience quite pleasant.
- I was glad to have found a close-by place to donate used furniture and other small items. The service provided was quick and efficient. Thank you for being there for needy families!
- The movers were very kind and I am so thankful that a service like the JRCC FD exists, we are such a helpful resource for the community.
- Such a great service! I am very thankful and appreciate the great quality of the items I received.
- Before you, I was sleeping on the cold floor of my basement apartment. But thanks to your help, I am now sleeping on a warm and comfortable bed! I feel like a king! You are all amazing, thank you so much for everything that you do! I have nothing but good things to say about your organization.
- Just moved here 2 years ago and had nothing. I had no furniture and I am so happy with the service, can’t believe the furniture is second hand!
- Thank you for everything you are doing and keep on helping those in need in our community.
- I really liked the movers and would like to hire them again. They were very professional and helped me assemble the bed and decide where the furniture should go. I already told my friends about JRCC and would ideally like to donate the furniture back one day and pay this kindness forward.
- The movers were wonderful, were very kind and thoughtful. Very thankful for the JRCC FD and the important work we do in the community.
- We are newcomers to Canada and me and my family cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for us.
- Thank you so much for your help. I will recommend you to any of my friends that are in need of furniture.
- Just wanted to send you a note saying that son finally moved into his new home with his family and called me last night while sitting on his “new” couch. He sounded very proud that his family was finally settling in. I also heard that their place looks very nice with all the pieces they selected from the Furniture Depot. Thank you for assisting them with the opportunity to establish a new home here in Toronto.
- So glad I came here! I am so thankful for what the Furniture Depot has done to me! I walked into the center with nothing to my name and left feeling like a person!
- I am so very appreciative for the JRCC Furniture Depot. I had nothing and now I am very fortunate. Yashar Koach. Keep up the good work. Not only do I have a comfy chair to daven in, I also have a closet to put my winter jacket into.
- My house was empty. As an immigrant I took nothing with me to Canada. As soon as the furniture was delivered my house has gained energy! I am ready to tackle every day and no longer need to wake up to an empty house. I can’t wait to come again.
- This was an amazing service! I am so thankful to have had the experience of shopping for furniture when I would not have been able to afford it otherwise. The customer service is very high quality and I would recommend it to anyone in need.
- I had no furniture before coming to the Furniture Depot. I received so much help! Thank you so much for your help.
- I just moved to Toronto with my family and we have nothing. It was very hard to live without furniture so thank you JRCC Furniture Depot! Neither my daughter nor I had a mattress and we were able to find both at your center.
- It’s hard-accepting help from people, but the JRCC Furniture Depot made my experience very pleasant with their high-quality customer service and timely delivery. The whole process felt like shopping. From browsing their warehouse, to picking out items everything was smooth.
- I just moved to Canada. There are so many expenses to worry about when immigrating. The JRCC Furniture Depot gave me the ability to sleep at night knowing that I won’t have to worry about the expenses of furniture. I told my friends about you and look forward to you helping the community.
- I am so thankful to have someone in the community care. My family and I are going through a hard time which led to all of us sleeping on the floor. Being in that kind of situation, you start to feel forgotten and alone. I heard about the JRCC Furniture Depot and decided to give it a try. I am so grateful to have on organization such as this to help people that are struggling. My daughter loves our new dresser and we no longer need to sleep on the floor! Thank you!
- Being a single mom has its downside. Only having a single income in the family, expenses could pile up. I could use all the help I could get. After coming into my appointment, I am happy to say that we needed a sofa and we got a sofa. Thank you!
- I have never had a dresser and a mirror and for the first time in my life I have both. I use them every day and I am so thankful. The dresser and the mirror make me feel like a human and remind me every day of how much the Furniture Depot has helped me. Thank you!
- I just moved to Toronto and I had nothing. Someone told me about the JRCC Furniture Depot, and I decided to check it out. Before making an appointment, I was sleeping on a broken couch. The Furniture Depot allowed me to have some furniture which is so much better than having nothing at all.
- We are a young couple whom recently left their families and childhood homes to come to Toronto. We had nothing. The Furniture Depot helped my wife and I begin our life and made our transition so much smoother. I have been telling everyone I know about you. Thank you!
- My experience with the JRCC Furniture Depot was fantastic! As new immigrants we had only just arrived to Canada and we moved into a completely empty apartment with our two sons. After coming to the JRCC Furniture Depot we were able to completely furnish out new home within a month of our arrival, which greatly helped us settle into our new home.
- With the help of the JRCC Furniture Depot I was able to fully furnish my new home and my quality of living has significantly improved. After saving up money for years I achieved the ability to move out of my rented basement space and move to an apartment complex. When I moved in I had absolutely no furniture and I could not afford to purchase any because my paycheck was going towards paying the rent. The Furniture Depot made my new house into a home and I am extremely grateful for their service.
- Before receiving help from the JRCC Furniture Depot my family was sleeping on air mattresses on the floor. My son has scoliosis and thanks to the JRCC Furniture Depot he can finally sleep comfortably in a proper bed. This change has increased his health and the money we saved up for furniture can go towards feeding my family. Thank you so much for the work that you do!
- I hope you’re having a good day. I just want to let you know that we did receive a furniture and I will we were all very pleased with the kindness and the treatment of the movers they were very pleasant and very helpful thank you .
2018 and earlier
- We would like to thank the JRCC and its sponsors for the incredible program of JRCC Furniture Depot. We were freshly landed in Toronto, and trying to settle down and make our living comfortable, within our very limited budget. the JRCC Furniture Depot supplied us with beautiful choices of gently used furniture, and greatly enhanced our home with a lovely couch, dresser, bookshelves, and a desk. Thank you!
- Hello JRCC, My experience was amazing I’ve got some amazing furniture and I’m grateful for this Thank you guys
- It has helped me immensely, not only was i able to save money but also got a great dresser as well, thank you.
- I received a furniture from you and i am m really satisfied and i appreciate that you are there to help people with low income. The service was excellent, while we were looking around, the stuff was waiting patiently and gently answering any questions we had. I appreciate it so much
- Hello, first of all would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your effort and kindness. I am so satisfy with your best services, also recommended you to some of my newcomers friend. Your furniture give us life to our empty home as newcomer! Now we can live and also invite our friends easily, and all made by your kind effort.
- The furniture I have received from you its really helps me a lot to start a new life in Canada. If you couldn’t help me it’s really difficult for me to afford all of this.my wife, my 8 months old daughter is so happy. Just to know one things from you that can I visit one more time in march with you to get something more for my home. If you say so that I will take a appointment in march.
- Dear JRCC, I would like to thank you and compliment you on this amazing operation that you are running at the furniture depot. The way it has been set up so that each client has time and privacy is brilliant. Then to be be able to come home and actually sit on a couch or eat at a table or sleep on a bed which are the most basic needs that a person/family requires to function here you are making it possible. When Hardship or misfortune hits home and you already struggling to put food on the table the last thing you want to go through is an empty home where the floor is all you can look at !! And Barouch Hashem YOU JRCC has made it possible for many to not be in that position . Kol hakavod as we say in hebrew!!!
- May this Chessed /kindness continue to flourish and enable many more to stay inspired and hopeful for better days to come forth til the coming of mashiach tsidkeinu. Amen.
- What can I say about my experience, it was a good one; I did not come specifically for a piece of furniture, I came so that I could try to help you guys with what you are doing for our community and I did as much as I could, at that time, as well as finding something for myself, something I have a good use for. Also on a couple of occasions I had opportunity to bring some furniture to your warehouse and it felt good to do something for the cause and perhaps some of it found the way in a place of a real need. All in all, I admire your effort and dedication and strongly believe that what you doing is a very positive and needy cause, which need to exist and I would pitch in as much as I can , when I can. Thanks again for a job well done
- Serving the humanity is the one of the best cause a human being can live for. Specially when you serve the people who migrate to another country for the reasons not in there control. Let me tell you, you guys are doing a great job and trying to keep up the words and teaching Jesus, he had lived for. Keep up the job. Excellent work.
- We are very satisfied with all the help and assistance we got from JRCC Furniture Depot. Thank you very much for all your help!
- Thank you guys. YOUR HELP US SO MATCH in the beginning our road in Canada.
Free Furniture For Those In Need